View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 08:02 PM   #19
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
What are the pros / cons compared with Koreader?
I used Cool Reader for quite a while on my tablet. I've gotten to the point where I put android ebook readers in two categories: those that can render a book's CSS fairly well (Mantano, Aldiko) and the rest (Cool Reader, Moon, etc.) Koreader would be in the first group. And I'm aware of the option in CR to enable document internal styles.

Some people might prefer the second group since they allow you to force settings like paragraph spacing, etc.

One particular area where the second group always seems problematic is with scene changes within a chapter, often indicated by extra blank space between paragraphs. The second group will sometimes remove this, I've decided I want my reader to closely match what the Calibre viewer shows me. Koreader works in this regard.

I do my fine tuning in Sigil, test in Calibre viewer, then expect the reader to display it the same (or very close) as Calibre.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote