View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
ravenlife
Connoisseur
ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenlife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Thanks for the suggestion and you are right of course it is rather more difficult to write in the present tense, I noticed when I was posting this up that I had drifted in to past tense, and corrected it.

I'm glad you realised I was going for the "otherworldy/dreamy" feel by using the present tense, I wasn't sure it would work but it seems it does.

It isn't my intention to use present tense in anything other than the dream sequences, which there will be a few but nothing too long or taxing for the reader. I started the opening lines of the first chapter on my lunch break today and it is in past tense.

With regards to "he" and "she" this too was intensional for the dream sequences I wanted to keep it rather generic as the dreams are not our main charactors (or perhaps they are but he isn't himself in them ) it was my intension to introduce him on the first few lines of the 1st chapter and slowly build his charactor from there.

Quote:
The premise sounds interesting, a man who dreams of a hard to reach lover,
you were right with this one but not quite as simple

thanks again
ravenlife is offline   Reply With Quote