View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #26
Istvan diVega
Inharmonious
Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Istvan diVega ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by auspex View Post
You are still missing the point — Goodreads is a social media site. People are welcome to rate and review books for any purpose whatsoever, and those of us who use it quickly find the groups whose opinions we care about — no different, actually from choosing which newspaper or literary journal we'll look to for recommendations. And I'll argue that you (even if you happen to be an internationally renowned literary critic) are no more qualified to judge the quality of the books than those "rating books for utterly extraneous, stupid reasons". imo, book ratings everywhere are pretty much useless, not just on the web.
I got the point just fine and yes, if I have read a book I certainly am more qualified to review it than someone who has not. Social media site or not, giving someone's book a crap rating because you don't like the author, the author's opinions on something, or anything other than the quality of the story and the writing - is simply moronic.
Istvan diVega is offline   Reply With Quote