View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #17135
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Next up, I'm tackling The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. I've had the omnibus in my shelves for at least a couple of years and it's time I sampled the trilogy. I'm hoping I like it enough to want to read the other two.
So, I've finally read The Forever War. I liked this book. Most of the story couldn't be called gripping. However, I liked the portrayal of war and thought the changes to civilisation over the centuries were quite interesting to read about.

I wouldn't have called it an action novel, but there were a few pretty intense action scenes and they worked well for me, especially the final battle scene. And the ending was surprisingly tender.

Next up, The Conjure Book by A A Attanasio, one of my favourite writers. I haven't read one of his novels for a while, so I'm about due.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote