View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #17132
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Now Reading Tainted Garden by Jeff Stanley, my oldest-unread-paid-for ebook, bought in April 2003. And this one I certainly haven't read before.
Some interesting ideas, but I couldn't suspend disbelief. It was fairly obvious how the two strands were going to tie up, but I was disappointed in the exact way they did in the end. It also seemed to me to be written with one eye on film rights. A bit too much gore for my liking. I can't recommend it.

Next I read Assignment in Eternity by Robert A. Heinlein from the August Baen Monthly Bundle (still a few days left if you want to buy the bundle!).

A good collection of some of his earlier stories, with a nice afterword by David Drake. I'd read the stories before, but they were worth a re-read.

Now I'm reading another from the bundle: Queen of Wands by John Ringo. So far an excellent sequel to his earlier Princess of Wands. (Although if my guess as to the way the story is going, they might have been more appropriate with the titles swapped!)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote