View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #248
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
You know where I live in case you want to take my Kpw away from me to stop this testing.
Next bug - -

The 'suicide launcher' kills itself (intended) too fast for some of the scripts to complete.

Example (USB cable connected, and storage mode ejected):
Launcher -> Toggle USB network ;
Returns to home icon screen ;
Laucher -> kTerm (kTerm displays - expected) ;

Now - the toggling of USB network fails and over-writes match-box keyboard with the error message:
"N E failed to set usb0 ip, this is bad" **

Not only will that script have to be 'executed' but either on the execute command line, or in the start-up script, its stderr needs be redirected (or whatever its using for error messages).

** I need to make some config changes in the desktop I am plugging this thing into (or maybe check what that toggle is really trying to do).

Without having a USB0 defined prior to the above test, without dhcp for its MAC address defined prior to the above test - - -

Linux Mint automation detected the creation of an USB0 device, created the device:
Code:
core2quad ~ $ ip link show usb0
6: usb0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP qlen 1000
    link/ether ee:49:00:00:00:00 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
But without an assignment configured for the Linux Mint automation - that would never have been assigned an IP address (I will have to fix that).

A the Kindle end, since my LAN dhcp server is set to filter by MAC addresses - it never answered. (I think I can fix that - but it may need a bit of tweaking things here and on the Kindle.)

Eventually, I assume, my desktop and/or the Kindle would have given up trying.
Instead of waiting, I killed the connection attempt manually.

Last edited by knc1; 01-31-2013 at 10:06 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote