View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #124
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I see we're moving a bit off topic so ... DiapDealer thanks for packaging this as a plugin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Fascinating. I thought that the calibre team was very keen on not doing anything with DRM. IMO, obfuscation counts as DRM, or more precisely, "a technological measure that effectively controls access to a work".
I'm not sure if this is applicable, but this is what Kovid said to Jon a couple of days ago about obfuscated fonts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of fonts, why does Calibre obfuscate fonts in an AZW3 > ePub conversion?
If they are obfuscated in the azw3 then they will be obfuscated in the epub output. calibre simply preserves the obfuscation status of the font. It does the same thing for epub to epub conversions as well. Though IIRC it does not do it for epub to azw3 conversions, mainly because doing so is technically difficult and I cant be bothered figuring it out, given that fonts are obfuscated enough by the very design of azw3.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-20-2013 at 05:14 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote