View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 03:23 AM   #5
Balerion
Connoisseur
Balerion began at the beginning.

Device: K2i K3w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Well apparently it works, does anyone know how much they charge you for it?
Hiya Blue Tyson,

Drew from Adelaide here... whispernet is totally free dude and always will be ... as long as it remains free in the US that is. They can't charge us for something that so many people use for free in the US (probably the same amount of people as the total of our population lol... well, maybe not, but you know what I mean).

It works really well too... gmail is awesome... very fast, very efficient interface layout... some sites can get a little crammed and the links can be a bit out of order, but its easy to get used to considering what we're paying for it some sites wont work at all... depends on what language and layout is powering the website... either way, the kindle browser lets you know when its having trouble or can't display a site at all.

Speed.... depends on if you're linked up to a 3g or 2.5g tower... either way, its faster than dialup internet and given the amount of data on a kindle screen that means its pretty good. Its steady as well.... I've only had one timeout so far and that was coz the site was undisplayable anyway.

Ciao.

Google maps has only a little map showing, but I'm looking into that considering I've seen screenshots where a google map is pretty big on the screen... apparently there is also a pseudo-gps program in our kindles that triangulates where you are and can put it onto a google map.... not a joke... Its been demo'd on tech sites.

Anyway, but to studying for exams for me.
Balerion is offline   Reply With Quote