View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
In that, case, here's my idea:
The assumption here is that each footnote is first marked by an asterisk where it should be in the text, followed by some text, followed by an asterisk and the actual footnote. I assume, as in your example, that the footnote itself contains no markup- you'd need to adapt accordingly if that varies for other books.
In the search & replace conversion setting, use the search pattern
Code:
(?s)\*(?P<text>[^*]*?)*(?P<footnote>[^<]*?)
and the replacement string
Code:
\g<footnote> \g<text>
The caveat is that I haven't tested it. When you test the regular expression in the wizard, the text from the first asterisk to the end of the footnote should be highlighted.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote