View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #74
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
You opt-in by buying a Kindle. I knew going in that Amazon would collect data on my purchases, just like they already did. Personally, I think this big-brother Amazon stuff is just a big pile of overly paranoid nonsense.
Hear hear.

The tin-foil-hat-wearing crowd seems to ignore motive. Amazon is in the business of making money and they do this by providing an engaging customer experience.

There's no knock at my door of g-men to question me about my highlighted passages, though Amazon might make a book recommendation to me based on what I've read, liked and highlighted.

Face it: most of us are "nobodies" the government and big business is indifferent toward, aside from as a source of revenue. The tin-foil-hat-crowd needs to get over themselves.

/rant