View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #6
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
The B&N app carries a version 1.1 (copyright B&N 2009) the other eReader app is version 2.7fp copyright 2002-2008 Palm Digital Media. But they appear to be the same app. with the exact same features.
Almost, but not quite.

B&N 1.1 app is slightly more advanced (and buggy), with the capability to read ePub. The 2.7fp app only does eReader format, but on the other hand, it still works on a PPC Mac running 10.4 (I use it on my old PowerBook).

It turns out that the notes you make are stored in the *.kz file corresponding to the book's filename in the B&N userdata folder in Documents, so you can copy it back and forth as needed.

And the reason why they give you the free M-W mini dictionary is to show off the lookup function in their eReader app (details in the user guide, which I finally got around to reading).

You can search in the B&N app, too, and it's got a semi-useful option to only search forward from the page you're at, so if you're looking for further mentions of a term that's already been used before, it could come in handy.

But if you'd be more comfortable reading & searching in Word, by all means go ahead. It's likely got more advanced functions for that sort of thing and might better fit your needs.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote