View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #2640
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@montalex: Theoretically, yes, the fonts hack might be causing some slowdowns (as well as possibly some speedups, it goes both ways ).

Try using another font, and/or switching to one of the FT overrides if it's not already the case (bci & bci_new being the one closer to the default FW 3.x rendering).

FWIW, I'm not seeing anything overly awful on my own device (and it's sitting at > 1k2 items, with at least a third of that being collections), but then I'm mostly using my Touch these days, so YMMV .

You might also want to take a look at top/htop over SSH, see if something's not stuck on a loop in the background.
Well, the slowness has nothing to do with any hacks or fonts. I uninstalled and reinstalled everything, including launchpad and kindlepdfreader. No change. Still a bit laggy.

Really, it is minor. I can live with it to get to read AZW3 with page numbers, etc.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote