View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:56 PM   #2637
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@montalex: Theoretically, yes, the fonts hack might be causing some slowdowns (as well as possibly some speedups, it goes both ways ).

Try using another font, and/or switching to one of the FT overrides if it's not already the case (bci & bci_new being the one closer to the default FW 3.x rendering).

FWIW, I'm not seeing anything overly awful on my own device (and it's sitting at > 1k2 items, with at least a third of that being collections), but then I'm mostly using my Touch these days, so YMMV .

You might also want to take a look at top/htop over SSH, see if something's not stuck on a loop in the background.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote