View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Buildroot has a tendency to embed unwanted rpaths.

so to fix this for now I have compiled this kindle tool.

Just dump the rpath somewhere on FAT to run it.

Code here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-04n/msg01105.html

root@kindle:root> rpath
Usage: rpath objectfile [newrpath]
Nice find.
I thought that function (editing rpath) was included in one of the standard tools, but I guess not.

Having an ARM build of the tool, like you make above, could be handy to fix-up library sickness after installation.

But...

Since you write that this routine is to fix-up the undesired rpath entry left in libraries by Buildroot...

Would it be practical to "hook" it into Buildroot?
I think there is a: "POST_INSTALL_HOOK" that could be used to call (a host version) of that routine on every library built after it is moved from staging into the install image.

- - - - -

PS: Don't lose track of that source code.
It may be just what we need, that with a bit of modification, could write the "AmazonHack" marker into the ELF header.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote