View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Overdrive - recent changes to library website

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but if so, I missed it...

A recent update to the Overdrive library websites I visit finally sunk in to my consciousness tonight.

We've been talking about the update to allow Kindle borrowing, and that part of that change would be a switch that allow libraries not to have to rebuy ebooks to have formats available for the Kindle.

Well a change that's been in place for at least a week, but didn't really sink in, shows they've upgraded the sites to say how many ebooks the library "owns" in total, rather than by format.

For example, I was looking at a book that the library only has 1 copy of, but it's being offered in ePub, PDF, and Mobipocket formats. Used to be, if the library had multiple formats available, the total would be listed under each format - 1 ePub, 2 PDF, whatever. Now it's just a total available, regardless of formats.

So they're that much closer to the changes they mentioned when announcing the Kindle availability...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote