View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #75
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
My main concern is performance. WIndows search (once indexed) is very fast when you have a colossal number of files. A non-indexed crawler in Python would be very very slow, to the point of unusability I suspect.
Depends largely on the size of the folder tree to be searched, doesn't it? I don't think it'd be that bad- you wouldn't have to do much for each file, unless it'd fit your search criteria, then you'd have to store its path in your found files.

You'll have to keep in mind, though, that I'm very unlikely to actually use that plugin (I see no need for it now), and I'm on Windows, so I'm only arguing this point because I feel a cross-platform plugin would be better out of principle
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote