Thread: Glo Fonts
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
thank you for that info. You are so kind.
You're welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1z View Post
I was reading a dutch translatef book..and it shows up wierd because words got broken off in a unlogical way sometimes. In another post someone told me it was because of the <span> and <\SPAN> in the code when I showed him how it showed up in Sigil

<p class="Pplat">‘Hij was er een tijdje bij, j<span>a</span>, d<span>a</span>cht ik,’ zei St<span>a</span>n Reeves. ‘Hij heeft geholpen het een en ander voor de delegatie te regelen.’</p>

The Kobo thinks he can cut of the words there. I can delete every <span> and <\SPAN> in Sigil by checking ever page and that clears the screen... but I was wondering if there is an easier way in Calibre.
Don't know how to solve it in an easy way for all my books
What a strange place to put span tags! I don't really understand why they're there, that's just weird. Did the books come from an unreliable source?

I don't think Calibre can get rid of them all for you. The code it can change - as far as I know - is the CSS (stylesheets). But maybe someone else will know more and jump in.

In Sigil however, you can get them all removed in one go, but you'll have to do each book individually. Plus, all the span tags that are useful will be gone too, but you might not notice that.

Open the book in Sigil, be sure to view the book in Code mode.
- In the Edit menu, click "Replace"
- The dialog box comes up, and fill "<span>" in the "Find what" field
- Leave the "Replace with" field empty
- Look in: "All HTML files"
- Click "Replace all"

Then do the same for the </span> tag, and save!
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote