View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Dictionary Question for Touch Owners

I own a K3 and am anxiously awaiting delivery of a PaperWhite. I have a question regarding dictionaries, which I know that nobody can answer for the PaperWhite, but I'm assuming the firmware on the Touch to be similar.

On the product description page, it says that it includes an English dictionary. I seem to remember the Touch including dictionaries in multiple languages. True? Anybody seen anything indicating that the PaperWhite might include a Spanish dictionary as well?

On the Touch, do you have to manually change dictionaries when changing languages? On the K3 I have to go through this horrible process of: Home-->Menu-->Down-->Down-->Down-->Down-->Down-->Settings-->Center Button-->Menu-->Down-->Change Primary Dictionary, THEN I can select the dictionary, then I have to find my way back to my book. I'm hoping that the language of the book is automatically detected and the appropriate dictionary selected.

If it's automatic, can you choose which language dictionary to use for each language? (I'd like the Spanish dictionary to use my Spanish/English dictionary)

I don't read in Spanish on the Kindle as much as I'd like due to the difficulty in changing dictionaries and the amount of D-pad navigation necessary to look up words. I surely hope that this'll be improved!
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote