View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
phrodod
Enthusiast
phrodod began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Umm txt2lrf already supports a lightweight txt markup language, namely, markdown.
After spending some time playing with this last night, I found either a) I need better documentation, or b) Markdown is much less capable than reStructuredText. I also found it to be much slower to convert Markdown to HTML than rst2html. For Anna Karenina, it was a matter of several minutes difference. Given my familiarity with rst and the ease with which I am able to use it, I'll probably continue unless I find a compelling case to switch.

On a separate note, does HTML2LRF have a way to make nested Reader TOC's? I notice that Sony's operations guide has that, and I'd find it much simpler to navigate using the number buttons and the page buttons than the joystick for getting to individual chapters. But if they all go onto a single, huge TOC page, I'm looking at something on the order of 200 chapters (or 20 pages of TOC entries). I'd love to make that simpler to navigate by putting each part on its own page. Part One has 34 chapters already, so the sub-TOC for Part 1 would STILL take 4 pages!

Thanks.

Phrodod
phrodod is offline   Reply With Quote