Thread: kindle 2 or dx
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Unless you're reading lots of magazines and technical information, I would go with the Kindle2 rather than the DX. I think that you will find the screen size of the K2 very adequate for everyday books, and the smaller size is nice for "taking your Kindle on the go".

As to other ebook readers, I have been very impressed with my sister's Astak Pocket Pro. Very nice and compact and reads lots of formats including drm's epub and pdf. If you are desperate to use your gift card at B&N, check out the posts here at MR from I love cabbages. They have developed a couple of python scripts that solve the DRM issue.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote