View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #25
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Post World English Bible Version, book by book

I'm home with a cold today, so I finished up my processing of the World English Bible version.

From their site:
Quote:
The World English Bible (WEB) is a Public Domain (no copyright) Modern English translation of the Holy Bible, based on the American Standard Version of the Holy Bible first published in 1901, the Biblia Hebraica Stutgartensa Old Testament, and the Greek Majority Text New Testament.
Basically they took the ASV and modernized its language (no thee's & thou's, etc.) It's a reasonably good version, though not a direct translation.

What I did, was run each book through WordPad (which stripped the double columns, and dropped the file size considerably), changed the font to Arial (my personal preference -- sorry you Serif Font lovers out there, but my ergonomics class prof told us that sans-serif fonts are the easiest to read ), and bumped the size to 18 points. Then I used NotePad to manually add some metadata back in.

The results display agreeably enough for straight reading, but navigation is rather a pain in the sitter-downer (as expected). They're in file alpha order, and there is a sub dir with 'extra' books, some apocryphal, some just alternate translations, and I seem to remember a note from the translators ....

Anyway, I haven't processed the extras, but I include them out of respect for the folks who did the real work of making the text available in the first place.
Attached Files
File Type: zip World English Bible.zip (1.45 MB, 481 views)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote