View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:29 PM   #39
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
YMMV as they say.
That sums it up...

In the past I've always been a staunch eInk person, but I've now found I generally prefer to read on my Fire 8.9 HDX. I don't use the built in Kindle app much I generally use Moon+ or sometimes Mantano and the level of adjustment available (text color, spacing, etc., page background color...) combined with the use of Calibre Companion for library organization has made it my go to reader. I dug out my Aura HD the other day and in use it just feels clunky and not as user friendly when compared to the apps available for Android (Moon+, Mantano, CC, etc.) and iOS (Marvin, Kindle, etc). In the past I'd never have been able to read on a backlit LCD, but with the quality of modern LCD's and good brightness adjustment I find it very pleasing. I'm glad I still have a couple of eInk readers and will definitely be taking one with me when I travel since I might spend some of my time reading outside.

As for eInk I find that for the most part I prefer my "old" Kindle Touch over my "new" Aura HD. Issues with Aura HD are what actually got me to try a tablet again.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 03-31-2014 at 08:53 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote