View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #27
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
I just gave up in converting ebooks , you guys know what I mean.

When I use Kindle for iOs I just download or open the book from the original source, which is Amazon and that's it.

Kindle for iOs is mature enough to provide good fonts and basic or simple features like black background and brightness control.

One key feature that I can't compromise is landscape mode on a single page form, not divided in two. This is horrible for technical books. I've found most reading apps out there, including iBooks, divide the screen in two when you're in landscape orientation; that's ok for most books but IT related books.
Splitting the page into two in landscape is usually an option that can be turned off or set to appear only at certain zoom levels.

I would say that Kindle for iOS is so mature it is in the dark ages do to lack of reasonable formatting support. For iOS you need to use the previewer to convert to azk.
Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote