View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:55 PM   #16
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The 10 minute time limit setting can be found by going to Preferences - Miscellaneous. Change it to Never abort and try again. Running longer than 10 minutes isn't unusual especially for PDF conversions using Heuristics.

@PeterT and @BetterRed are correct in pointing out that other options are available.

I'm surprised to hear you say this. You have been here long enough (forever? ) to know that we are up front about the limits of PDF conversions with calibre and often refer folks to other solutions.

Moved to Conversion sub-forum.
well, I tried to find this post by DoctorOhh in its new location, but the search brought me back here to my own thread...

Doc, BR, thanks for your suggestions to think outside of calibre for conversion of pdfs. silly of me that it hadn't occurred....

Will have to research that stuff ... was hoping that in the new post location I'd find some information on that. I'm on os-x so mobipocket isn't apparently going to help out.
M-
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote