View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #249
kobokobe
I am what I am
kobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfoldedkobokobe reads XML... blindfolded

Location: An enormous, polar bear infested igloo that we call north of the 49.
Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by book.p View Post
So by the time I could actually use the device, I was very grumpy and frustrated by the long process. But what I'm most unhappy about is the quality of the e-ink/font. As you can see from the images, words are fading in random areas, letters have different weights to them and it just looks very shoddy.

Is the poor e-ink down to the device itself, or the firmware? What I do love is the light, and I'm happy with how quick the page turns are.

I'm debating on whether to get a replacement, or simply get a refund and go back to my Kindle Touch until the Kindle PW is released in the UK. I am wary, though, of getting a replacement and having the same issues with the font.
This has never happened on my KT or KG, except when I use the center-tap menus and close them, without triggering a full-page refresh. But I'm guessing that is not what is happening with your device. Based on reviews of both devices (and my experience with the Glo) I'd just return it for a new one rather than wait for the Paperwhite, but that's just me.

Last edited by kobokobe; 10-10-2012 at 09:40 PM.
kobokobe is offline   Reply With Quote