View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM   #245
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by book.p View Post

As soon as I plugged the Glo in to set it up, it froze for over 30 minutes. It finally rebooted, but then went through multiple updates. When it prompted me to sign in to my account, the device reset itself and I had to go through the update process once again.

So by the time I could actually use the device, I was very grumpy and frustrated by the long process.
Someone in Kobo ought to grab this "user experience" and use it to educate their technical staff on what to avoid doing to a new customer. You are quite right to be grumpy, this is terrible.

Made worse of course by your fading font issue. Sorry I can't help you with that, except to say I have noticed some e-ink screens vary a little bit in blackness, and i thought it was temperature related (depending where I held the device, that area would be slightly warmer). If it's bad enough to annoy you, I am sure it should be replaced under warranty, or you could, as you say, get a refund.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote