View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 07:50 PM   #243
book.p
book.p began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kobo glo
I bought the Kobo glo yesterday, and it's the reason why I'm posting here on mobilereads for the first time. This is my first Kobo reader, and I'm thinking of returning it.

As soon as I plugged the Glo in to set it up, it froze for over 30 minutes. It finally rebooted, but then went through multiple updates. When it prompted me to sign in to my account, the device reset itself and I had to go through the update process once again.

So by the time I could actually use the device, I was very grumpy and frustrated by the long process. But what I'm most unhappy about is the quality of the e-ink/font. As you can see from the images, words are fading in random areas, letters have different weights to them and it just looks very shoddy.

Is the poor e-ink down to the device itself, or the firmware? What I do love is the light, and I'm happy with how quick the page turns are.

I'm debating on whether to get a replacement, or simply get a refund and go back to my Kindle Touch until the Kindle PW is released in the UK. I am wary, though, of getting a replacement and having the same issues with the font.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fadingfont1.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	433.0 KB
ID:	93854   Click image for larger version

Name:	fadingfont3.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	561.8 KB
ID:	93855  
book.p is offline   Reply With Quote