View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #45
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg_user View Post
So I would have to run rsync on my router with public IP and run a scheduled job on my Pocketbook, let's say start the script every 5 minutes to send notes using the benefits of the incremental backup? Sounds doable, I think
You can password protect the rsync daemon to make it a bit safer. I don't think you can schedule jobs on the reader (you need root privileges for that), but you could have a script that did the syncing and then slept for five minutes, all within an infinite loop. The script could also enable and disable the network around the syncing, to drain the battery less. Take a look at the start and stop apps for my sshd daemon if you want an idea of how to do that using netagent. I can also upload a copy of rsync here if you don't feel up to building a cross-compiled version yourself.

If you felt really ambitious, you could try to make the script only rsync when the notes directory was modified since the last time it was done. You'd probably have to build and install something like find to do that.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote