View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 04:53 AM   #53
cewood
cewood began at the beginning.

Device: **Product researching!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna01 View Post
If Sony provides good PDF display functions, it will make the reader more attractive for businesses. Many businesses have reference documents in non-DRM PDF. Being able to carry all references w/o breaking someone's back hauling paper is very attractive. Moreover for documents that change frequently being able to eliminate all the hassles associated with paper updates can be a money saver too. Yes, folks can access these business docs over the net when they can get to the net, but the net isn't always available. I think the Sony reader is a much better tool for carrying business references than PDA,s. Just a thought for any Sony folks monitoring this forum. You have a great reason to do a good job with PDF display. the PDFs must have good graphic handling to meet business needs.
I completely agree, atm I am seriously considering purchasing a PRS-505 myself to use for work so that I can read hardware manuals and configuration guides without having to lug around the actual hard copies. And as Vienna01 pointed out an integral aspect of handling PDF's well is displaying the images nicely so that they are clear and crisp.

However since these are ALL in PDF format I am a little hesitant to make a purchase until I can be assured that there will be some better PDF viewing features in this next update, if in fact this information is correct.

If there was some Sony employee that could verify this it would make quite the difference, I would have thought some information leakage about the update ahead of time would be good PR practice?
cewood is offline   Reply With Quote