View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #106
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Could someone try to explain this situation to me again? I'm too stupid to understand it, it seems.

Why does anyone care, or even has a supposed "right" to interfere, about what I do with a product I bought or licensed the use of a copy?

If I buy a cell phone, or a eBook reader - why should the original vendor have any right to know/control what I do with it?
I could use it to wipe my bottom and it would be none of their business.
They're not involved anymore - as long as I don't claim warranty or resell it.

I could see the problem if what I did would in any way involve them - like trying to jailbreak a device, brick it and try to get a refund.
But that's not the issue, is it?

I assume car manufacturers are going to make it illegal to drive cars outside certain countries? Or only use with unleaded, ethanol-free gas?
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote