View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #174
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
1.3.3 might have helped not show books you didn't expect. At least the preview can tell you when things might double up. Difficult to track down issues with lots of customized templates, etc. - thanks for testing them out.
The preview is great in that it tells you what it is "about" to do, so you don't get surprised after rebooting your Kindle. However of course it doesn't currently help you identify "why" that collection would get created in terms of exactly what circumstance caused it to be and what you should do to remove it . Maybe over time the plugin might be able to offer a little more in that regard at the bottom of the report or something, or maybe that is too hard and you just need a list of "things to check" somewhere.
Quote:
1. You should get a warning if the Kindle is not detected, or if there is no metadata.calibre file already. It may be that you are running the plugin after disconnecting in a way or at a time I didn't check for. I'll need to retest all the scenarios, but if you remember what you did, let me know.
Ahhh, so I shouldn't have been able to see it . I am running Windows 7. I had the Kindle connected, did my stuff with your plugin, disconnected the Kindle and then a little later through Preferences->Plugins brought up the configuration dialog.

I just tried again on your latest version 1.3.3 - except this time without connecting a Kindle. I now get this error:
Code:
calibre, version 0.7.45
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'ignore_all'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\Dev\CalibreDev\latest\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 257, in double_clicked
  File "D:\Dev\CalibreDev\latest\calibre\src\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 330, in modify_plugin
  File "D:\Dev\CalibreDev\latest\calibre\src\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 132, in do_user_config
  File "<string>", line 79, in config_widget
  File "C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Roaming\calibre\plugins\Create Kindle Collections.zip\create_kindle_collections_code.py", line 1371, in config_widget
KeyError: 'ignore_all'