View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 02:55 PM   #163
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My wife recently commented on the working title of my in-progress novel. She suggested that, although the word's meaning might be clear in English, in other languages its root form might have other connotations that do not suggest the meaning of my use of the English word.

I countered that, since I was using the English word, and the story was written in and intended to be read in English, the connotations of foreign roots of the word weren't important. What say you-all?

(For the record, the word in question is "Verdant".)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote