View Single Post
Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Angry Got stuck with 505 apparently

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm not doing so great here. I'm in Argentina and my girlfriend is now in USA and will be there untill march but that's not the reason why I'm not feeling so hot today.

Ok, first things first. She's a DisneyWorld Cast Member and she's in Orlando, Florida. I don't know if you guys know about this, but Cast Members in Orlando get crazy discounts like %10 off on some stores and things like that.

Now, I wanted to buy a PRS 700 (yes, I know, glare and all that.. I'm a med-student so search and faster cpu have greater appeal for me than crispness) so I wired my girlfriend the money so that she could purchase it over there and gave it to me when she get back. Sounds like a plan, huh?

Turns out she went to a store to buy the blessed thing and the clerks told her that it costs $500. She knew that wasn't right so she argued that on Sony's site the PRS 700 costs $399 and that she wouldn't pay the extra $100. Apparently the guys talked to each other and told her that they would give her one for $350 (danger will robinson, danger) seeing as she was a Cast Member.

They wrapped the Reader up and she happily went on her way. She got home and skyped me, turned on the camera proudly to show me the Reader she also got cheaper, unveiled the gift wrap and.... disclosed a PRS 505SC.

We were not pleased.

The next day she went back to the store and the guys told her that they had a "No change no refund" policy and she would have to suck it. Not literally but figuratively. They told her that if she wanted the PRS 700 she would have to pay the remaining $150 for the "full price" or get 350 bucks in "store credit" or get lost. This time literally.

Clearly we want neither.

Given that I work in Argentina and earn in Pesos (Argentina's Currency), one dollar roughly equals 3.5 pesos. So I've been ripped off 1225 pesos! Think of this as being robbed 1225 dollars and you will understand my frustration.

I was hoping that you guys might help me out here and give me some information on what she could do because since I'm not from the US I have very little knowledge of that country's Consumer Protection Laws (though I've been googling and found some things she could do -write a letter, etc-).

Any thoughts?

Thanks to all for reading anyways.
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote