View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #572
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
How many of us are reading short books so as to be able to ensure that you meet your target?
That's why I changed my goal from books to pages this year. I read plenty of shorter books, but I tend to read a good amount of really long books, and I've enjoyed it so much more this year not thinking at all about length of a book for the challenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
When I generate my list of required books I do take length into account and give myself about 40 pages a day to read. I just can't read 50 500 pages books in a year. Some books are shorter, some are longer. Average length right now is 298.8 pages. I've read 11 books over 350 pages this year, but then I'm averaging over 60 pages a day right now.
I give myself a goal of 42 pages a day to read with one day off a week, but my actual pages read per day really depends on the book. A hard book, it can dip down to 20 pages a day or less, while with a really easy book, I've had some 100+ and even approaching 150 page days.

It's such a drastic difference that I'm even considering incorporating that into my challenge next year, the way I switched from books read to pages read this year. I'm at the very early stages of thinking about it, but I'm considering things such as each page in an easy book counting as 1 page, each page in a medium book counting as 2, each page in a hard book counting as 3...something like that, maybe.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote