View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Linky

I can only imagine some of the drivel they've chosen to keep.
While I don't agree with banning any books, I can get behind the school's decision to not teach any particular book in the classroom. Reading through the article, it sounds as though it was a well thought out process to develop "age-appropriate" curriculum standards. Just wish they wouldn't have yanked the books from the school library shelves

Quote:
Minor said students wishing to read materials that fall outside of the standards -- including the two books -- can select those books for classwork as long as they have signed parent permission.

"If the parent thinks 'For Johnny, it is age-appropriate,' then we'll let the parent make the call," he said.