View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Rock Lobster
PI for hire.
Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rock Lobster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I keep a notebook handy, just in case.
I took a moment to ponder my next move. It had looked like nine or so of the Green Hats had been at the end of the room. And "Pinwheel." Just because she'd hired me didn't mean she was off the hook. I'd been down that road before.

I looked at her and asked, "What are the names of these jokers?"

"Their names are on the doors."

Looking over, there were the previously mentioned Nate the Great, PilotBob, Verencat, Patricia, mtravellerh, NatCh, DaleDe, Nekokami, Ravenne, and Netseeker.

"Pretty strange names."

"They're all screen names. All except Nate. We're pretty certain his last name actually is 'Great'."

"Patricia?"

Again with the eye rolling. "How obvious is that?" she asked.

I pulled out my handy notebook and flipped past the sketches of depressed robots to a fresh page.

I decided to pick a room at random. Who knows? Maybe I would bag the murderer by chance and get home in time to watch NCIS.

I walked in the closest room and found a shifty looking character wearing a floppy hat. The door had said his name was Netseeker.

"You're Netseeker?"

"Jah!"

"German, eh?"

"Maybe."

"Oh, a character, eh? So why did you kill pshrynk?" It was worth a try.

"Because I thought he should be dead."

Who would of thought? Maybe tonight would be one with Ziva. "Why should he be dead?"

"Everyone dies... eventually."

I started having second thoughts. "So, how did you do it?"

"Poison. I always use poison. Best way, actually."

"So you've done this before?"

"All the time. Regular mass murderer, me. At least fifty to my credit. No I tell a lie, fifty three! You have to count that baker in Prague twice!"

I left the math of that confession for another day. This guy was obviously a nutcase confessor. "Did you have any help?"

"Well, maybe the guy who owned the Nook gave some assistance..."

"So that would actually be fifty two and a half, then?"

"Damn!"

Last edited by Rock Lobster; 05-05-2010 at 10:35 AM.