View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 PM   #40
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
I do not care about DRM.

I am not interested in BeBook as such, I am interested in Hanlin V3 by Jinke.
Things I like about Hanlin V3
- there is open source firmware available that anybody can hack to do cool things. And indeed, the OpenInkpot IS doing things that users of other devices can only wish for.

My Sony reader PRS-500 is still working, so I have *plenty* of time to consider its replacement / upgrade.
As far as I understood JSWolf, the only difference between Hanlin V3 and BeBook is firmware?
So, if you reflash with OpenInkpot: What difference would remain? Which would be the benefit of Hanlin V3 over BeBook then? Is it just the company behind BeBook?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote