View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #135
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
So, would you dismiss the hypothetical story as well?
Yes, as I had already said earlier in the thread.
A story is either believable or not.
Numbers are either reasonable or not.
My personal bet would be that there is at least a 25% chance that Apple's 2013Q2 figures are below their 2012Q2, which were exceptionally high.
35-45 million sounds like a reasonable range.
60-65 (the scaled up numbers in your hypothetical story) do not, too me, seem reasonable, for a non-release, non-holiday, quarter.
I'd put the chance of their 2013Q2 iPhone sales being over 60 million at less than 5%.
Maybe I'm too bearish on iPhone sales, and next week's figures will show something shocking, but that would be my reaction to that story.