View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 02:47 AM   #262
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by maylin View Post
Yifan, First, thank you for making the upgrade to kindle 2 available!

I am on part I, preparing my Kindle 2 US. After kindle running the update and kindle rebooted after about only 15 minutes or so and the output folder has total of 3 files in it. I am not sure if the preparation step has been completed? I do not see a tts-files.tar file nor a update_restore-os.bin.
I did have 1.2gb of free space before I ran the update. Also I had installed Doukan system a month ago.

Here are the 3 files in ouput folder -
1. make-backup.log
ota_install: I def:make-backup::checking for enough free space to continue
ota_install: E def:make-backup::not enough free space to create a backup package. You need at least 900MB to continue.
system: I 1-make-backup.ffs:def:drawing: eips 19 38 "You need 450MB of free space."
2. make-image.log
ota_install: I def:make-image::checking for enough free space to continue
system: I 0-make-image.ffs:def:drawing: eips 30 38 "Verifying files..."
ota_install: I def:make-image::making sure all required files exist
ota_install: I def:make-image::making sure all required files are valid
ota_install: I def:make-image::making rootfs image, this may take up to 20 minutes
system: I 0-make-image.ffs:def:drawing: eips 31 38 "Creating image..."
3. rootfs.img (401mb)

Do I really have a free space issue as the the log stated?

Thanks a lot for your help!

maylin
Yes, I'm afraid. Even though it says 900mb, that's after making the rootfs.img.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote