View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 03:02 PM   #824
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyhands View Post
I think there is a bug in the way the plugin handles long search strings in the Search ePubs dialog. If the search string is very long the dialog box expand to suit the length of the string, this can be wider than the screen width. When wider than the screen width it doesn't let you resize the dialog box if I use the righthand handle and the dialog disappears if I try to grab the left hand handle - usually requiring a Calibre restart to recover.

As a temporary fix I manually edited gui.json to delete the long string and restarted Calibre. The dialog shrunk and I could then resize it using the righthand handles.

Using the latest plugin in Calibre 2.42 on Windows 8.1 64bit.
Lots of dialogs expand to fit the string shown.
Personally, I hate things that keep changing size, moving the edge around (right aligned things keep moving the left edge)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote