View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 07:58 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
This is nice when you have web access but no access to password tools, and even then it is convenient.

This works on my K4NT and Touch, but on my kindle DX, DXG, and my K3G and K3 wifi, the root password only has 3 hex digits after fiona. I need to leave off the last digit from the calculated password.

I confirmed that by using John the Ripper to crack the /etc/shadow password, and it was 3 hex digits as well.

On some kindles, the diag uses root:mario instead of root:fionaXXXX.

Also, you may be able to use framework:mario instead of root:fionaXXXX if you do not have access to the password tools or the web page.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-30-2011 at 08:03 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote