View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #6
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Corvus View Post
Hi, I'm so glad you're implementing this feature, it's a life-saver for students. I can't seem to get it to work for a Gutenberg public domain book that I downloaded via Kobo's store however; I try to add the book to my library directly from the Kobo Touch and it doesn't it just transfers an encrypted file that Calibre doesn't recognize as the same as on the device. I even tried changing the metadata to what it reads on the ereader but it still doesn't recognize it as the same book and so doesn't transfer the annotations. Does the kepub need to be stripped of drm somehow for it to fetch the annotations? How else can I get it to recognize the book as the same as on the device? Download it directly from Gutenberg maybe?

Any help would be really appreciated, I'm trying to figure extract the quotes I need for an essay.
Unfortunately the DRM prevents calibre from viewing the file in your library. You can update the metadata and cover image but you can't read the file. However, once the drm version of the book is there you can make use of it to retrieve the annotations that you saved n the device.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote