View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #1
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Books Like The Diamond Age

I'm just finishing a re-read of Neal Stephenson's "The Diamond Age" - it is one of those books I enjoy more with every re-read -- it is so densely textured and layered, that I discover/realize something new with every read. Kind of like what Nell does with the primer.

I'm also a fan of Stephenson's Cryptonomicon - for similar reasons.

I've tried starting his "Baroque Cycle" but unsuccessfully so far. Anyone get through them yet - and if so - your opinion?

So ... I'm looking for other reads as challenging & rewarding as "The Diamond Age" -- and am contemplating "His Dark Materials" trilogy or even Narnia -- any suggestions/options?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote