View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #19
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
My android phone has, I think, 8 GB (Samsung Galaxy S -- Sprint Epic 4G) and I am constantly running out of space on it.

I have a 16 GB micro-SD card in my phone, but I can't put much on it. Either the app can't be moved or the home page widget and/or pushed updates require the app to be stored on the phone itself. I have 93 MB free internally, 8.8 GB free externally, and I've moved as much onto the card as I can without losing functionality. My experiences with *that* lead me to think cloud storage would be the same or worse.

I would definitely want more storage in a tablet and I think even 16 GB is too small.
Pre-ICS phones has a separate partition for the apps and another one for data. It was a compromise, you could end up with too much data data space but out of app space, or vice-versa. With ICS and JB the whole of the available space (after the OS is taken into account) is available for whatever is needed, so you won't run out of apps space while you still have several gigabytes for data; incidentally the reason ICS no longer supports UMS. Still, this is at the manufacturer's discretion, they don't have to follow this and could partition the internal storage as it was done pre-ICS.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote