View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
My android phone has, I think, 8 GB (Samsung Galaxy S -- Sprint Epic 4G) and I am constantly running out of space on it.

I have a 16 GB micro-SD card in my phone, but I can't put much on it. Either the app can't be moved or the home page widget and/or pushed updates require the app to be stored on the phone itself. I have 93 MB free internally, 8.8 GB free externally, and I've moved as much onto the card as I can without losing functionality. My experiences with *that* lead me to think cloud storage would be the same or worse.

I would definitely want more storage in a tablet and I think even 16 GB is too small.
As you say, the problem is that many apps require that the storage be on the device rather than the cloud or an SD card.
I agree that 16 gb may also not be enough. My experience with my phone and my Vox (8 gb) made me aware that expandable memory doesn't resolve all your space issues!
My Galaxy Tab has 32 gb of which 17 are used and I don't have a lot of videos or games but do have photos & books in large quantities, apps like Navigon GPS with maps on the device etc.
My Tab, like the Nexus 7 has no expandable memory but after 6 months of use, I can see that for me, the 32 gb is enough combined with some use of the cloud...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote