View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 11:44 AM   #22
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
[...]That is it. Most authors I have talked with do just that and their books look fine on my Nook, or in my Kindle apps.

As with anything, Smash build a process that fits the majority of the cases, and edge cases suffer. If you follow their style guide not only will you get good results with them, but that same style guide works to get you good results with the automatic conversion at Amazon, and elsewhere.
The few examples I looked at up on smashwords appeared as if they had generated smart-quotes from the source-text (which was not allowed to use them itself). Is this correct? If so, are you telling me that they get this 100% correct all the time? I have, just occasionally, very deliberately quoted dialogue and OpenOffice sometimes gets it wrong and I have to force what I wanted. How do you deal with such issues using the grinder?
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote