Thread: PRS-350 Unbricking from boot loop?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #12
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
There should be a way, but it's a hard one, and I can just point the direction, you will have to search this forum or google for more information.

If I remember correct there is a serial port direct on the main-board. This port runs a serial-console while booting and thru this port it should be possible to upload a new bootblock, maybe a whole firmware.

Contacting the pins to access the serial-port was done with needles. I think it was igorsk who published this first, and I remember there was a blog/post/?? maybe over at the-ebook.org, explaining how to unbrick a PRS-600 in the early days.

Mark
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote