View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
ewy
Connoisseur
ewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud ofewy has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
Forum extension: Tapatalk?

Hi there,

one of my gadgets is my ebook reader (Sony PRS 505), of course - otherwise I wouldn't have joined this forum.

Another one I'm using intensively is my Android phone (G1, to be precise). For that one, there's a quite good community established on androidpit.de (German background, but with an international version as well).

Why am I telling this?
I've noticed that MobileRead also does recognize Android based devices (both mobile phones and tablets) as an ebook reader platform as well.
On the website I've mentioned there is a report about a form application for Android: Tapatalk.
(Sorry, the actual app test is in German only.)

From my view it would be really convinient if MobileRead was available on my Android phone as well - I'm using the native AndroidPit app for their blog and forums, which is much more handy than using a mobile browser.

I've read that forum providers need to install an extension to offer this forum via Tapatalk. I don't know if you have any kind of rules or policies for installing 3rd party extensions - and I'm aware that this needs to be checked carefully to avoid security issues. (At least they're handling potential security issues pretty seriously and fast - see forum.)

The extension is free for forum providers and is compatible with vBulletin (and some other forum platforms) - see FAQ. The client also is available for some more mobile phone platforms (iPhone, Blackberry, Nokia).

From my user perspective it would be very nice to read MobileRead on my Android phone easily - and I could imagine there are more "geeks" like me who are using both platforms - maybe even Android phones for reading ebooks - who would appreciate this as well.

So, I wonder if you would consider having a look at Tapatalk and maybe installing it for MobileRead.

Thanks and greetings,

ewy