View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #38
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Well-- they already have the Jetbook Lite with a 5" display that uses AA batteries. So a new model called the "Mini" using AAA batteries sure sounds to me like something smaller. And it looks like they are trying to make it "cute" with a wide range of colors. So, yeah, my guess (having no more solid evidence than that coupon, like everyone else) is that the "Mini" is something smaller (and cheaper) than the 5" Jetbook Lite.
Perhaps this is going to be the Jetbook Lite replacement. The hardware is starting to get fairly old in comparison with other readers on the market, SD slot, 200mhz processor, internal memory etc. I know most Jetbook users aren't concerned about that, but on paper for a new person to the market does one buy a 200mhz Jetbook Lite or a 400mhz Pocketbook 360 or Astak Pocket Pro?? Yes e-ink and LCD are different, but I feel new consumers would look more at the speed and price. Combine that with e-ink devices have been steadily getting hardware updates, but LCD-based have remained stagnant for some time now.

So in my opinion I don't think it will be smaller than 5" (to me that is the ideal size) but instead will be a new replacement for the existing line. Either way, if Ectaco would price their readers comparatively in Australia to the US prices I'd have another look at buying one.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote