View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #40
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I am very glad I read this book. No, it wasn't the easiest reading I've ever done, and far from the most enjoyable, but like Asawi and victauria, I feel it changed me. To be sure, I was depressed for a couple of days after reading this very intense work, something I don't recall ever happening with anything else I've ever read. But I feel I've experienced personal growth and increased empathy as a result, and I wouldn't trade that for all the feel-good books in the world.
Ding ding ding. Great books tell us something of the human condition.This one certainly did that for me.

Most of me just cringes that we are sixty years past these events now and just recently Russia declared they've developed a 100-tonne nuclear weapon named satan. Satan indeed.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote